Training & Consultancy
We are a leading provider of training in the health and social care sector. As well as being able to provide many of the mandatory training solutions you require, we specialise in designing and delivering training which enhances the quality of the services you provide.
The training we provide to your staff will ensure that your organisation offers person-centred and positive support to its customers, with a positive values base and the right philosophy. We can design, create and deliver training and support directly to your organisation, either from our catalogue of courses, or developed specifically for you, or you might want to enable hand-picked members of your team to attend some of our open courses which we run regularly.
Example of courses available:
- Values and principles of good quality support
- Person Centred Approaches
- Person Centred Planning
- Autism and Aspergers Awareness
- Behaviour as Communication
- Fragile X Syndrome Awareness
- Prader-Willi Syndrome Awareness
- Risk and Safety Assessment
- What is Supported Living?
- The History of Learning Disability
- What is Learning Disability?
- Creating Easy Read Information
- Person Centred Care and Care Planning
- Support Planning
- Learning Disability and Mental Health Awareness
- Sexuality and Relationships (Learning Disability)
- Supported Decision Making
- Mental Capacity Act
- DOLS (Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards)
- Inclusive Recruitment
- Inclusive Leadership
- Total Communication
- An Introduction to Gentle Teaching
- An Introduction to Intensive Interaction
- Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA)
- Community Mapping and Community Bridge Building
Through years of experience gained in all areas of social health, our teams are able to offer your organisation a wealth of help and guidance in a number of areas including:
- Independent supervision, advice or mentoring for managers, owners, directors and trustees/management committees of organisations/charities/social care providers.
- Independent quality inspections of services which are conducted by our consultants, including “experts by experience”, people who have experienced the delivery of services first hand.
- Mentoring in the skills outlined in the training.
- Creation and facilitation of self-advocacy groups.
- Creation of person centred support plans/individual life plans such as service designs and working policies.
- Inclusive, person centred recruitment and selection.
- Interview training for people with learning disabilities
- Design of bespoke job descriptions and person specifications
- Research and report writing
- “Translation” of documents, policies, letters, legislation etc into easy to understand formats such as the use of photographs, symbols, illustrations, plain English etc.
- Trouble-shooting and advice in modernising and improving services for people with learning disabilities.
- Organisational change through person centred approaches.
- Person centred management.
For more information please call Kathi Connick on 07809 624830 or alternatively you can contact us by email here.